Twitter list not working

fabienpenso

09 Jul, 2010 01:01 PM

As a few of you have noticed issues with the list, please reply to this message and give :

• your twitter username
  • the list you subscribed to, and what makes you think it did not work ( a twitter nickname included in the list is nice, recent if possible )
  • how did you activate push for this list, within the application or through our website
  • Has the list switch itself off, many times in the past or rarely ?
  • what version of the application are you using (v1 or v2).

I'l try to look at it soon.

1. 1 Posted by Gudrun on 09 Jul, 2010 02:18 PM

Hi Fabio,

thanks for looking into it, here are the answers to your above questions:

* your twitter username: heavenly_G
    * the list you subscribed to: heavenly_G/my-music
    * what makes you think it did not work: didn't receive notification for tweets of @alex_band; @onerepublic; @thisisrobthomas; @mattymay since several days though there were many tweets, restarted phone and adjusted settings more than once
    * how did you activate push for this list, within the application or through our website: within the application
    * Has the list switch itself off, many times in the past or rarely ?: happened to me 3 or 4 times before, bought again (!!) the Twitter in-app once to fix it, the other times a restart or readjusting the settings (that have turned off the list alert by themselves) helped
    * what version of the application are you using (v1 or v2).: 2.0

Thanks, G.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by fabienpenso on 09 Jul, 2010 10:42 PM

Gudrun,

Was the 'for lists' flag turned off automatically ?

3. 3 Posted by Elle on 10 Jul, 2010 12:47 PM

* your twitter username:  agirlnamed_elle
    * the list you subscribed to, and what makes you think it did not work ( a twitter nickname included in the list is nice, recent if possible ) - agirlnamed_elle/Notifications
    * how did you activate push for this list, within the application or through our website - Both
    * Has the list switch itself off, many times in the past or rarely ? Every time I close the application it seems nowadays. Worked perfectly in the beginning and only stopped recently (maybe a week or two ago). Sometimes not only the push is off but the list I am pushing also. But the push is off everytime I open the app again.
    * what version of the application are you using (v1 or v2).  2.0

Thanks for your help !

4. 4 Posted by Gudrun on 10 Jul, 2010 02:12 PM

Yes, the 'for lists' flag turns off automatically. What Elle said, I turn it on again but everytime I open the app again it's turned back off.

Got my last notifications last tuesday, it completely stopped working since then :(

5. 5 Posted by Nick on 10 Jul, 2010 10:18 PM

Username: nickwynja
    @nickwynja/push-notify (private list) I activated the push within the application
    The list switches itself off quite often. It seems even when it's on it don't get notifications.
    Using v2

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by fabienpenso on 10 Jul, 2010 11:30 PM

Ok the flag for lists should not turn off automatically now, I did it when Twitter returned me a 404 errors and it seems it did even when you had no list.

Please turn it on back.

7. 7 Posted by Chris on 15 Jul, 2010 08:35 AM

SimplySike
    SimplySike/notify It isn't working because on twitter I see new tweets form ANWBverkeer or BuienRadarNL appearing in the list but I do not get a notification or see the tweet in Push
    I activated this list in the app.
    I created a new list this morning and that isn't working. I had old lists that worked perfectly until I created this new list. Now I only have this list and it's not working. I didn't see it switch off yet.
    Verzion 2

8. 8 Posted by Elle on 15 Jul, 2010 08:31 PM

Me again. The app is back to not sending notifications. I re-added my account like you tweeted to do and my list shows as active this time, push shows up as active too but no lists are getting pushed....

9. 9 Posted by Chris on 17 Jul, 2010 07:56 AM

In the new 3.0 version the "For List" toggle stay's off, I can put it on but when I restart the app it's off again. readding the account isn't working. On The web the toggle is on.
    Any ideas on this?

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by fabienpenso on 17 Jul, 2010 08:16 AM

Yes it's a display bug but the toggle is on.

Will be fixed in next update.

11. 11 Posted by Chris on 17 Jul, 2010 08:22 AM

Ok but still I'm not getting notifications from my list see post 8.
    version is now changed to 3

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by fabienpenso on 17 Jul, 2010 08:25 AM

I plan to work on lists this week-end...

13. 13 Posted by Chris on 17 Jul, 2010 08:39 AM

Great thanks!

14. 14 Posted by mattbisme on 18 Jul, 2010 05:39 PM

mattbisme
    "Friends" list, I am only receiving @replies at this time The list was originally activated through the website back in v2
    It has never (that I remember) switched itself off
    Updated to v3, still not working

Thanks!

15. 15 Posted by Gudrun on 20 Jul, 2010 06:11 PM

Hi Fabien, any bug fix for the Twitter list notifications in sight? I only bought your app because of that feature. It's not I couldn't live without getting push for my lists, but it was just nice to have. Using Boxcar for all other Twitter push, and it always works..

16. 16 Posted by Ruben on 20 Jul, 2010 07:25 PM

Hey, I just bought your application because it worked at my mates phone and I really need it for Twitter only. I bought twitter for 0,79$, then it didn't worked and my made bought full version so I tried that but it's still not working. If I put Friends on I get all the tweets but if I just put direct message and public replies it doesn't work. Could you please help me because I just paid 8$ for something that doesn't work. Thanks.

17. Support Staff 17 Posted by fabienpenso on 21 Jul, 2010 08:56 AM

Twitter list should now be working, if it does not please make sure the right lists are selected on http://www.appnotifications.com/accounts/twits (a bug might activate the wrong lists on the iPhone, this is fixed in the next update already sent to Apple and waiting approval).

18. fabienpenso closed this discussion on 21 Jul, 2010 08:56 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac